Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Taste and see that HE is Good!

There are times when I think I know best.  It is in those times that I am reminded that God is the ONLY one that knows what is BEST for me.  I have dreams that I want to come true now, but I know that if my dreams are God's will they will come true when He is ready for them to.  As humans we are selfish people and we want when we want when we want it.  God is teaching me to wait on Him.

Psalm 37:4 (KJV)
Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

With every new day we are given chances to learn the ways of God and grow closer to Him!  Gods presence will brighten the dullest day!!

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

Through pain and trouble He is always with us.  God works in mysterious ways!  I know this is a very common saying (especially here in the South), but it is so true!  When we may not understand why something has happened, God always knows what He is doing. 

In October 2012, one of my sisters went home to be with the Lord.  She was not my sister by earthly blood, but my sister by the blood of Christ.  We did not have the same parents, but we shared a bond of sisters.  As a matter of fact that is how we referred to each other.  Her children call me Aunt and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I will always remember our talks and how she always made sure to hug me when she saw me.  Sometimes I think I can still fill those sweet hugs as she would put her cheek next to mine and pat me on the back.  I don't understand why she had to go, but I know God had a reason.  I find comfort knowing I will see her again!  I promise to love and care for her sweet children as my own. 

During this time of sadness I had to rely on the peace of God.  I allowed God to comfort me.  I closed my eyes and imagined His arms wrapped around me holding me saying it will be alright, I AM HERE!!

Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

We must live above our circumstances and learn to let God fight our battles.  Staying in constant prayer and communication with God. 

I have planted PEACE in the garden of your heart, where I live, but there are weeds growing there too: pride, worry, selfishness, unbelief.  I am the Gardener, and I am working to rid your heart of those weeds.  I do my work in various ways.  When you sit quietly with Me, I shine the Light of My Presence directly into your heart.  In this heavenly light Peace grows abundantly and weeds shrivel up. (Quote from Jesus Calling - Sarah Young  pg97)

Philippians 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

I am so blessed to know the Peace of God!

In Remembrance of Sandy Johnson




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...